Need some help with a back filling sink !!!! | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Need some help with a back filling sink !!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Smangle

heya

we have just moved into a 3 story town house where the drainage runs through a pipe down the inside the house the problem is that when i pull the plug after washing up the water flows into my washing machine and when i drain the washing machine it just fills the sink and the drains away realy slowy (probly back into the machine ) i have niticed that the waste pipe runing from the sink i bowed in 2 places each about an inch higher than the washing machine drain conection on the bottom of the sink i got hold of the previous owner of the house and she has said that it has always done it. So my question is would it be the bowed waste pipe that is causing this any help would be spectacular because the local H/A seems to think that it is somthing to do with my washing machine but hot point man said its the waste pipe.

cheers.

sounds like a partial blockage, you could try using a plunger on your sink but would have to blank off the drainage connection from washing machine and sink overflow(assuming its a combined sink/washing machine trap)

sounds like drainage problem to me

hello Smangle,
difficult to call without seeing the problem, but yes the pipes need to have a continual fall to flow properly, possibly waste pipe is partially blocked as well. new waste pipe is not expensive, likely easiest to renew the section of pipe and add sufficient clips.

ok thanks i will call in the plumber cheers

You can find a plumber on here. You can either post in the need a plumber forum. Or search for one in your area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You have a partial blockage downstream of the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You need a mcalpine V33WM, the site won't let...
Replies
Views
Hello. I am planning to build a small half...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Luca This may be repeating what you already...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, yes it is an adjustable trap. Not sure if...
Replies
Views
Back