Need to raise sink and toilet up 10-15mm | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Need to raise sink and toilet up 10-15mm in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mickd83

20121122_190458[1].jpg20121122_190506[1].jpgHi there looking for some help.I am going to be tiling my bathroom floor.I need to raise toilet and sink up about 10-15mm.what would be the best way to do this and what would I need.I was thinking that I would need to cut copper pipe and put on a bit of flexi pipe.I have attached some photos 1 going into cistern other going into sink.Think they might be upside down.

New tap connectors with a slightly longer pipe into the service valves.

A doddle. You can do it with push fit if you're not comfortable with soldering.

there may be enought play in the pipes to acomidate the 10mm rise if they are loose under the floor

Thanks a lot for your help.There doesnt seem to be much play with pipes it is into a concrete floor

you have got the isolation valves so its easy enough to close them of take out basin and wc then get on with the tiling.
when it comes to refitting you will then know exactly what space you need to make up.
you could as you say cut lower and fit flexis. or the suggestions already given
or possibly a tap extension

TAP EXTENSION - BRASS (VARIOUS SIZES) on eBay!

just use tap extenders which screw onto the tap tail and a trap extender for the trap you can use two if one isnt enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Probably your main stopcock is not fitted the...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the informative post. Can anyone...
Replies
Views
Well persevered, it is always worth the extra...
Replies
Views
C
Lusso is a load of Rubbish. There customer...
Replies
Views
Hello. I am planning to build a small half...
Replies
Views
Back