need to see this new pipe straightener / new tool | Plumbing Tools | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss need to see this new pipe straightener / new tool in the Plumbing Tools area at Plumbers Forums

A fiver, max. If you ever need to do long 10mm pipe runs that are visible, then you are not doing it properly or are doing it in a council house where it wouldn't matter anyway.

It is just another pointless tool that wouldn't get used imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good and works very well but bulky for everyday use and would the rollers survive install work, i doubt it.

Pipe straighteners for 8 and 10 mm are nothing new. I had one 30 years ago. Nothing as sophisticated a that though.

Why would a council house not matter?

Aesthetics are not part of the brief with council housing, not round here anyway. For instance, we are plumbing in hundreds of electric showers at the minute, the housing officer will not allow any channeling, the cable is surface run from the CU in conduit and then chrome piped.

It doesn't really matter what the tenants think of it.

they probably aren't given time to take pride in their work. quick in and out

That is exactly right, an unfortunate state of affairs, but that is what happens with large volume contract work that just about covers the diesel.

Why doesn't the op ask the bloke to send the product over to one of the mods who can demo it, if that sort of thing is done on here.

If I'm using 10mm it's either in the wall or plastic coated for oil lines. Wouldn't dream of surfce mounting 10mm it will get ripped to bits.

It's just a toy that I can do without. But that's just my opinion.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Your over thinking this do as I said the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
There is hopefully a lintel above that new...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Could you post a picture of the shower trap...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Correct. Bleed from bottom up to allow air...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Do you recommend any product out there by...
Replies
Views
Back