Needs no explanation. | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Needs no explanation. in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHPES

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
flue.jpg

Can you spot the installation fault?

I should have added it's an oil boiler. There are actually about 8 other installation faults you can't see in the photo.

As old plumb said it is hard to see from the angle.

No sleeve on oil pipe.............i can see that but i gather it is something with the flue?

Geez a clue

Sleeve is only needed on underground oil pipe.

Clue - It's not on the flue itself (though the flue is only about 3ft away from the garage wall opposite). Click on image to zoom.

Is that a gap in the stonework above the flue?
Hard to see.

I always sleeve any pipe passing through brickwork as good practice.

The pipe is sleeved where it passes through the brickwork.

Nothing to do with the flue.

dont know about oil but is that a fire cut off on the outside away fm boiler and flue output looks a bit sooty

The hand wheel fire valve. Fine if the kids set fire to the wheelie bin sitting next to it:D

Had to think about that one and looking in the wrong place.

Yes, that is the only fire valve on the system!

Other faults

Suction pipe 10mm diameter (should be 8mm)
Flue 1m away from opposite wall (wind affects FGA readings)
Wall hung model - installer has not left sufficient space to access it properly for servicing (without requiring a joiner).
Burner connected to boiler with rigid pipe (no flexi oil lines)
Baffle cover leaks like a sieve (fumes inside house)
Filter on tank sitting on concrete - not enough room underneath for a spanner or to remove it for cleaning.
Tank not fully supported on base, less than 1.8m from openings. Under non-fire rated eaves.

Last edited:
Looks like he may have hung the boiler a bit low at the first attempt going by the joints on brickwork.

All in a days work:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Looks like a Drayton cyltrol very basic...
Replies
Views
  • Question
it will not leak, for a long time. no rush to...
Replies
Views
Everything working fine on PP mode - thanks...
Replies
Views
Thanks a lot, put lots more turns on + some...
Replies
Views
C
If your happy you can just use that one...
Replies
Views
Back