Neighbour's Ideal PRT4 boiler controller overides mine. What can I do? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Neighbour's Ideal PRT4 boiler controller overides mine. What can I do? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

C

Chasuck

I have an Ideal PRT4 boiler controller which is being overridden by the neighbour's controller of the same make - comes on at 5 am. What can I do?

I've been monitoring it for 14 months since I realised they only use shower when my family members do . I only turn the water off at stop tap for half an hour when I get fed up of the constant pipe bumping. if they had their own hot water it'd just switch on and they would not have to keep trying the taps ,would they. It always magically works and the pipe bumping stops when my hot water setting is on. I do remember my landlord telling me " the meter and boiler must stay on at all times " when I went to switch off the gas at meter but I put it down to him not realising it is automatic and will switch on when there's gas available or old fashioned sexism , thinking women don't understand the workings. I've had a gas engineer in who witnessed what I described but the pipe can't be followed properly because it's buried in the concrete of the cellar steps so I'm forced to turn the water pressure low and run the sink taps to stop them mooching while my family are in shower ( not enough water for both that way) and they had the cheek to come outside and shout stop messing with the water! I will not repeat my response.

Similar plumbing topics

Is your boiler the 'Ideal Logic Heat 12' (i.e...
Replies
Views
200% won’t be the reason the cylinder isn’t...
Replies
Views
This any good? I think it’s who Screwfix use...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Could be the expansion relief or an overflow...
Replies
Views
(Just bumping a few older threads, they will...
Replies
Views
Back