Nest 3rd gen default to hot water on. | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Nest 3rd gen default to hot water on. in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Just had a problematic install of a nest 3rd gen. System is s S plan, wiring was a bit fiddly but got it done. Switched it all on and hot water cam on. Checked nest thermostat and hot water is set to off. Rechecked all working again and narrowed it down to heat link constantly calling for hot water. Phoned nest 30 min later after tech guy spoke to a few others. The thermostat has an antibacterial mode that switches water on if dormant.. presume also at inital start up. Can be disabled. Nest said it is a software issue they are looking in to.. 3hrs later. This is all new to me so thought i would post if anyone else having this problem..

Thank you for the post, yes also having problems with DHW switching on when not programmed, if I turn off the schedule then it does not heat the DHW, and with schedule set 7 days a week it works OK, but set to 4 days a week, and on the days it should be off, it randomly switches on.

Thank you for the post, yes also having problems with DHW switching on when not programmed, if I turn off the schedule then it does not heat the DHW, and with schedule set 7 days a week it works OK, but set to 4 days a week, and on the days it should be off, it randomly switches on.

In the menu there is a legonellas bacteria protecion option. You need to disable this if you done what that to switch on.

Yes it worked, now no random run of boiler, seems Nest is not only controller with this feature, however some other system only do it once a week, not every 48 hours, so maybe better to program a 3 hour run once a week rather than have a random time selected by boiler.

Similar plumbing topics

I'm inclined to adopt the occam's razor...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Brilliant. Thanks for the advice!
Replies
Views
M
  • Question
This may be a bit of a daft question but have...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If you are confident the 3 ways not passing...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for your reply Chuck. I’ve attached...
Replies
Views
Back