NetaHeat 16/22 E : Boiler Thermostat | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss NetaHeat 16/22 E : Boiler Thermostat in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

redrooster

I have a 24 year old POTTERTON NETAHEAT 16/22 (Electronic) with a faulty boiler thermostat.

This faulty unit also has extra tags for the "Pump Over-Run" facility but unfortunately the only type of boiler thermostat that I can buy for this model is the 2 tag version that just disconnects the circuit once the boiler water temperature is reached.

Can I just fit this and leave the over-run wiring disconnected (and insulated)

Any suggestions welcome?

Replace the boiler at your earliest possible moment. These boilers are known killers. Consider yourself lucky.

A little bit of an over the top reply, if serviced regulary and correctly these boilers are perfectly safe, built like tanks and gone on forever.

The gas safe engineer fitting the part will know the answer to your question, or he will no doubt contact the manufacturers.

A little bit of an over the top reply, if serviced regulary and correctly these boilers are perfectly safe, built like tanks and gone on forever.

The gas safe engineer fitting the part will know the answer to your question, or he will no doubt contact the manufacturers.
they cant be serviced,the case seal is unavailable and has been for years so please explain your statement washer how can it possibly be serviced?

Of course you can service them, so long as once the case is replaced and you can prove the case seal is sound, obviously if it isnt sound, its a new boiler.

And how do you explain that to the customer when they call you in to do a service and you have to ID the boiler because you decided to take something apart that you knew you couldn't get parts for? I'd like to be there for that conversation.

Thats the way it goes, as a customer I would prefer to have my boiler checked correctly, and proving it is operating safetly by having the inside of the boiler checked as well.

How can you tell there isnt a hole in the back of the boiler, without removing the case, so long as the customer is aware before you start work of any potential problems.

so most people refuse to service them,based on the fact its highly likely the case seal will be knackered i dont know how long you have been in the industry washer but a netaheat with explosive ignition and a dodgy case seal AFTER it had been serviced killed a person the HSE run a warning in the news papers urging people to get them replaced so i agree its on borrowed time

I am very much aware of the potential problems these boilers can cause, which is why I am very careful and am 100% happy when I leave a job the boiler is working safely.

I have been servicing these boilers for 19 years, I operate in a very safe manner, and am slightly offended by your post, that you are suggesting that by me removing the case I am doing something I shouldnt.

You chose to walk away from these boilers, thats down to you. I am happy to do a full safety check, so long as the customer is made aware of any problems before I start.

why are you offended? i haven't directed anything at you,if your happy enough to service them fine but i wont and neither will most other people for 2 reasons the case seal issue and the fact they are riddled with asbestos

Back to the thermostat. You can't get the parts nowadays. Never fit none approved parts. If the model of boiler requires 4 terminals, thats the one you fit. Personaly I may not condem them but everyone I safety check gets an ambient CO test and combustion test. CO detector and recommendation that it is replaced as soon as possible. General condition check of the backing plate, case, and case seals.

Your quite right they are built like a tank! Panzer is the type I am thinking of.

For those of you who don't get the reference, the Panzers weaks spot was the back. Nice one.

WAtch out for the Asbestos in these boilers !!

DOH just seen thats already been pointed out

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Is it fully decorated? / can you get at the...
Replies
Views
My feeling is (and as someone who takes...
Replies
Views
I meant to imply that the boiler does short...
Replies
Views
Yep, didn't notice that, looks like that's the...
Replies
Views
Get 3 detailed quotes
Replies
Views
Back