New Bathroom help | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New Bathroom help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

craig1912

Hi- first post but thanks in advance.

I'm looking to get a new suite- p shaped bath wc and basin. There is such a lot out there I thought I'd get a couple of people to quote. There seems to be a big difference in certain products and I know to some extent you get what you pay for but I just want something that is reasonable quality, will last and doesn't cost the earth. For example could someone tell me if it is worth spending the extra on a Create 170cm bath, panel & screen ( £812) against a Galaxy at (£450). The saving would pay for underfloor heating!!

Are the Aquilisa showers worth the money over a seperate shower and pump?

Any help guidance would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks:confused:

You need to go to a few bathroom places and take a look. The price difference is usually due to the thickness and strength of the bath material. Basically you get what you pay for.

Aqualisa make all kinds of showers and pumps - you need to be a bit more specific. I presume you are talking about digital showers? Do you have a model name? If it's digital, you are mainly paying for the look different functions and gadgetry. Doesn't make a lot of difference in performance.

Last edited:
I generally advise people to buy at budget range for the furniture but pay lots for quality taps.

Recent tip I read was that if you touch something everyday (taps, door handles, etc) then pay much more for it.

I personally would advise getting the best quality bath possible. Cheap baths will flex and will require added fixings in my experience to combat this.

You get what you pay for springs to mind :)

Thanks for the responses- yes it is the Aqualisa digital. We have an exisring cheap pump for another shower and one suggestion is to upgrade that to a 2.5 bar and run two showers off that. Does that make sense?
Its about the same cost but gives us a new decent pump for both showers.

Many thanks

Personally I don't like digitals as they are expensive and there's more to go wrong with one than a standard thermostatic mixer. You're buying it mainly for the designer apperarance.

If it were me I would get a Monsoon pump to feed two decent quality thermostatic mixers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks for the detailed information, much...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
Hoping for some advice on the use of AAVs...
Replies
Views
Stephen44uk
S
Have another guy working for me but on this...
Replies
Views
B
Hi Steve - that was my answer but apparently...
Replies
Views
Birmingham
B
  • Question
Yes, The size of the external expansion...
Replies
Views
Back