New Boiler Advice and some Questions | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New Boiler Advice and some Questions in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

ToejaM

Hey, sick of googling around now.. read an amusing argument about installation prices though, couldnt stop reading for some reason on a different forum.

Ent up here after typing "Boiler Forum" in google and figured it was a good place to ask some questions.

Got a boiler installed at the moment and it needs replacing. Alpha CB24 I think.

I'm wondering these things:

1) Can I just replace that boiler with ANY combi boiler or are there restrictions I should look for?

2) From what I can see, its a 28k/w boiler, doesnt run two showers without significant drop on the higher floor shower if both are on.. how much power would I probably need to run both?

3) Any way I can test my own water pressure to see if its the boiler limiting my power output or not? Seems that either shower that is switch on, on its own is quite good and get comments from alot of friends that use it who say its awesome heh so thats what leads me to believe the boiler is infact the weak point.

4) When I ask for quotes, what am I looking at asking.. "Straight Swap"?

5) I'd like to put a thermo stat in each room depending on cost, what am I looking at for cost wise?

6) Lastly, what am I looking at price wise for a new boiler (if I buy the boiler myself) and installation?

any combi will do but stick with the names, baxi, worcester,vailant.

swap would involve fitting trv to all rads, power flush pipe to allter to the boiler and a con waste to a drain.

any boiler will drop in presure when two showers are on

price wise boiler £900.00 fitting £6/800 depens on what is needed

Youre boiler at the mo is a 24KW boiler, ideal upgrade would be a 28 or 35 kw boiler then you MIGHT be able to run 2 showers together if you have a good working pressured water main, (very unlikely these days)

As for what to ask for, tell them what you want them to do and go from there!

You are supposed to fit TRVs and roomstats etc as they are a part of the interlock under the Part L legislation.

And as for you buying the boiler and getting someone else fitting it, you'd be better off just getting someone to "supply and fit" as most installers would normally just walk away from this practice!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

In that case, just get the Mechanical Engineer...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
You'd have to have gas meter removed if you...
Replies
Views
Back