New boiler and flue installation advice | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New boiler and flue installation advice in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tommi200

Hi there
Im new to this forum and extremely impressed on the scope, depth and advice of all sections. Which is why I joined up - its great.

Im doing a project with a gas registered friend for installation of a replacement open vent boiler for the 20yr old one which is on its last legs. Im very compentent and able and will be doing all the hard and fiddly manual work and supporting my friend with the boiler fitment. I have researched down to choosing a Vaillant ecotech plus 418 with weather compenstaed controllers. I read on this forum that on balance they are indicated as good quality and reliable - so Im happy with my choice.

One piece of advice Id welcome is on the flue and its route. Ive read that Vaillant do a ridge tile outlet for their condensing boiler balanced flues, but I cant find any other background on them or anyone who suppliers the fittments of the ridge tiles. Has anyone dealt with this tyoe of outlet before.??
Also to use this and get the discharge away from the house wall and the sky dish sitting further up the wall would involve running about a 6 metre flue length (with bends accounted for) but the route would be up from the boiler into a roof space then turning horizonnally( with slope to boiler), going thro a wall into an open roof space of the adjoining garage before turning up obliquely with 45deg bends to connect to flue piece leading to the ridge oulet. Question is can I route the flue from one roof space through in to another even if Ive used appropriate fire stopping features??

Appreciate your advice. regards.

hi and welcome, vaillant dont do ridge tile outlet, they do a vertical flue.
your gsr chould be able to advise you regards this
imho
edit : they do :)

Last edited:
I knew they done one but i've never used one. A std vertical is easy enough to do.

Thanks for your commentary , guys.
I agree about a vertical flue being easy enough but Im attracted to the low profile and subtle aesthetics of a ridge discharge.
have you ever seen one done before? And where could I get the parts as I've not been able spot supplies on the net.
regards

Just order them up from a merchant. Most merchants are able to source unusual items such as this direct from the manufacturer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

T
Do a slightly dodgy job and let the extractor...
Replies
Views
P
As above through the roof. Also I doubt that...
Replies
Views
Anyway, you can always increase the boiler...
Replies
Views
What I mean is that because everything works...
Replies
Views
J
A gas engineer with respect and quality will...
Replies
Views
Mark Butler
M
Back