new boiler but no on demand hot water | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss new boiler but no on demand hot water in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bobrick

hi guys

this is my first post on here and was hoping someone may be able to give me some advice.

i am a tennant and recently our gas operated back boiler was condemned after is failed its yearly landlords inspection. this was duly replaced with a combi style boiler in the airing cupboard and all appears to be working fine

the only question i have is i cannot seem to get it to giver me on demand hot water. the old boiler used a hot water tank in the airing cupboard and it appears the combi has been installed to heat the water in the tank for the hot water supply. this does not make sense to me as this seems to make an efficient and economical boiler inefficient and uneconomical.

do i have to store hot water to have it available in this system or are there any settings i can adjust to get the on demand hot water. there is a 3 way valve fitted that opeates to w when hot water selected on control box

any advice would be greatly appreciated

thanks

will

Are you sure this is a combi boiler? Can you post the make and model?

sorry should have put that in

it is a potterton promax system HE plus

the control box is a drayton LP241

i just looked it up and i think i may have found the answer, although if someone could explain why this models been used it would be a great help

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a system boiler not a combi. It still heats the cylinder.

cant see why they would stick a system boiler in over a combi what are your hot water requirements? do you have more than one bathroom? btw you will get hot water after its been on 30-45 mins

im a sailor in married quarters, so it was probably a cost issue with having to remove the hot water tank and associated gubbins.

we only have one bathroom and the shower is electric. so no real demand for hot water i was just looking forward to being able to top the bath up with fresh hot water after the wife and boy have had one. doesnt look like i will be able to now.

cheers for looking anyway guys thought my bills would go down a bit but will ahve to wait and see.

cheers

will

its a much better flow rate compared to a combi so not all bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
I don't believe moving the manual lever over...
Replies
Views
L
That shouldn't happen. Going to need lots of...
Replies
Views
There must be many installations that are in...
Replies
Views
Back