New boiler flue length | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New boiler flue length in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

southcoastboile

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I am fairly certian this would be okay to do but wanted to double check. Without having the manufacturers instructions or ringing tech I would not know but would it be okay to run a vertical flue 4 meters up from an airing cupboard, through the loft and out through the roof. If so what is normally the max length for future refrence, I appreciate every boiler is different. Thanks.

Also I need to quote for a new unvented cylinder going in the loft space instead of a combi, I forgot to check the flow rate. She said she has had a new main put in (which is true) going up to loft space. It is in white plastic, the water board put it in. May be smaller than 15mm. Do you think I will need to go back and check the pressure before I give her this option? I will only be able to check at the kitchen tap as all the others are tank fed and it is a large house so when it reaches the loft I assume it will drop slightly.

Last edited:
Yep fine , max is 7 meters I think I read recently in the MI's we were fitting

Last edited by a moderator:
The maximum vertical for Worcester is 6.4 m but 90 bends count as 2m and 45s 1m.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

She has had a new water main fitted and when they looked at her tank in the loft they told her it is an illegal seperation as downstairs flat and her flat are fed off the same cws tank. Apparantly if she doesnt get it sorted she is liable to a £20k fine. She has got a certain amount of time to rectify.

She currently has a system boiler feeding an indirect cylinder in the loft. All the taps have poor pressure. I sugested 3 options to her. Either replace existing cws tank with 2 seperate ones (probably make pressure worse).
or Fit new unvented cylinder
or fit new combi boiler.
She has asked me to quote for all three.

I think you need to check out the water main and what it is feeding, if its only a flat combi would be best bet ! dont like the idea of unvented in loft ! if its a question of cost then good quality combi will be best .

eotec is 12 mtrs if I remember, just read gas installer and viessmann say 19 mtrs or something silly!

Don't see anything wrong with an unvented in loft providing it is structurally OK. flimsy CWS tanks in loft all over the country!

Looks like I will be fine with the flue then. I am trying to push the combi over the other options to be honest. Another guy has been round there and quoted for an unvented.

most boilers will do over 4m and you can alway increase ro 5inch flue.

An unvented cylinder will weigh a good 250kg plus (200ltr cyl) so you would have to ensure the floor could take the weight, the discharge pipework would prob be a pain also, id try and push the combi idea myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

T
Do a slightly dodgy job and let the extractor...
Replies
Views
System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
It seems to be a case of having to watch and...
Replies
Views
External hounsfield heat only. If you really...
Replies
Views
Hi appreciate and thanks to all that replied...
Replies
Views
Back