New Boiler - hot water smells of chemicals | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New Boiler - hot water smells of chemicals in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Woody2244

Hi, another question on my new boiler. When the hot water tap is turned on, as soon as the hot water starts coming out there is a very strong chemically smell to the water (and it also tastes bad). The small lasts for about 10 seconds, then is not very noticeable. It does not smell of rubber/plastic - it is more of a chemically/solvent smell. Have you any ideas what is causing this? Is it just due it being a new boiler (it is a Vaillant)? Alot of the pipework around the boiler was changed when it was installed, so could it be due to the soldering/solering facilitaor of the new pipes? Will the smell go away after the boiler has been in use for a few weeks?
Thanks

my guess boiler not flushed and commissioned correctly were they gas safe registered?????

I wonder if they put Fernox in the hot water circuit instead of the central heating by mistake?

the vaillant is foolproof it fills via a integrated filling loop,unhook the feed end attatch aerosol open valve on heating 25secs later all done then reconnect

May require a flush, could be flux in system. The hot water should not smell if your cold doesn't its the same water.

Hi, another question on my new boiler. When the hot water tap is turned on, as soon as the hot water starts coming out there is a very strong chemically smell to the water (and it also tastes bad). The small lasts for about 10 seconds, then is not very noticeable. It does not smell of rubber/plastic - it is more of a chemically/solvent smell. Have you any ideas what is causing this? Is it just due it being a new boiler (it is a Vaillant)? Alot of the pipework around the boiler was changed when it was installed, so could it be due to the soldering/solering facilitaor of the new pipes? Will the smell go away after the boiler has been in use for a few weeks?
Thanks
almost certain this will be the filling loop open and no check valve fitted or if fitted not working not all vaillants have the filling loop integral if its a pro its external remove the silver braided pipe after making sure its turned of seee if this cures problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

It's not impossible but I doubt that the...
Replies
Views
A condensing boiler is high efficiency, and...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
If your sure the smell only occurs when it’s...
Replies
Views
C
Hi, Am looking after my elderly parents (90...
Replies
Views
Cari S
C
Who said plastic 28/22mm copper tube and mlcp...
Replies
Views
Back