New boiler - Inhibitor top up? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New boiler - Inhibitor top up? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

During an install of new boiler ('old' boiler died after 11-12 years) the system was "drained" but I guess maybe 90% of water was left in the (rather large) underfloor pipe system. What is the best way to tell how much inhibitor should be added in this case? (also taking account that system was not topped up with inhibitor for around a decade). Should I calculate amount of inhibitor needed based on amount of water drained from the central heating side or is it the total volume (CH+UFH)? Should I use a testing kit to check for amount of inhibitor?

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks, yes I will ask him when he comes in a...
Replies
Views
Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
Anyway, you can always increase the boiler...
Replies
Views
Thanks Enthalpy, Your conclusion is exactly...
Replies
Views
The Boiler/system should have been...
Replies
Views
Back