New boiler install | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New boiler install in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

edwar65

Hi, I'm a newbie to site and a confused homeowner, would like some advise on suggestions for a new boiler replacement.
I'm interested in a combi to replace my old gloworm fuel saver 50bf and have finalised boiler choice to the intergas, Worcester and vaillant combi,s.
I've read much praise for the intergas boilers but am concerned as to spares and technical back-up, especially when I tried to contact the uk headquarters and got no reply, from either the technical or sales contact tel no,s!!! I have located local suppliers/installers for the intergas boilers in Cardiff, but am still interested in your thoughts and experience how these have performed in use?
I'm also interested in your thoughts on the Worcester compact cdi and Vaillant Eco variants in comparison to the intergas?
As its a significant purchase for me any help would be most appreciated,
cheers.

Stay away from Worcester IMO, can't comment on intergas.

you can't really go wrong with Valliant if you ask me

make sure whatever you pick you have a manufacturer that give a good back up

i agree with jah heating stay away from worcester

What's the issues with Worcester, as many local plumbers seem to opt for these as a first choice???
thanks

Have you a gsr in mind to fit this? And, if so, will he be maintaining / servicing it for you?

Talk to him regarding his preferred boiler. And get him to supply it.

That way the onus is on him for warranty and repairs.

Whereas you supply a boiler he's unfamiliar with he'll only stand over his workmanship. And you'll have a battl with the manufacturer on your hands.

A combi may not even be the best solution for you anyway!

Hi Edwar65, and welcome to the forum.

I'm afraid your question is a bit like going into a bar and asking everyone there what they think is the best car, or the best football team.

There are so many variables - both physical ones like the design of your property and your lifestyle, but also whether you expect to stay in the property long term and how much you value a long warranty.

Croppie's advice is good - find a good Gas Safe Registered engineer, preferably by personal recommendation, or by advertising on here and then discuss all the options with them.

If anyone tells you that xxxx brand is always right in every situation, then they arent thinking enough about YOUR needs.

Hi Edwar65, and welcome to the forum.

I'm afraid your question is a bit like going into a bar and asking everyone there what they think is the best car, or the best football team.

There are so many variables - both physical ones like the design of your property and your lifestyle, but also whether you expect to stay in the property long term and how much you value a long warranty.

Croppie's advice is good - find a good Gas Safe Registered engineer, preferably by personal recommendation, or by advertising on here and then discuss all the options with them.

If anyone tells you that xxxx brand is always right in every situation, then they arent thinking enough about YOUR needs.

Take this advice and Croppie's, you already have two people here with a differences of opinions on two of your boilers. A friend of mine use to fit nothing but Worcester, he has now changed to ideal, but only for cost reasons. As Croppie says don't get trapped like a rabbit in the headlights with Combi, you might not be able to have one, personally I would not go near a Combi, I like a bath that doesn't take 12 minutes to fill, as Croppie says get your man to advice you and then tell us what he says, would you buy a people carrier with no kids.

Good luck hope it goes well.

Tony

Ditto to other good advice here.
If you know the GSR installer go with his advice if not get 3 GSR to come round and give a quote and listen to their advice - and ask them the reason why they recommend as they do.

Cheaper boilers are obviously recommended for their price.
We usually fit Worcester B - some good reasons for that are good customers service and technical back up and no parts shortage in the future.
Intergas is supposed to be good we have installed when customers request it but I have the same concerns as you, edwar65.

Also, Combis are perfect for some homes but not right for others.

Just installed 2 intergas 30/36 in last month quiet sleek and only a couple of moving parts inside would def recomend .but correct fitting on a cleaned system is key

Just installed 2 intergas 30/36 in last month quiet sleek and only a couple of moving parts inside would def recomend .but correct fitting on a cleaned system is key

Love to see the photo of the inside of an inter-gas before the case goes on, wonder what bits they have thrown out that all the others appear to need

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, thanks for the reply, that did cross my...
Replies
Views
Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
I did fit a Viessmann 200-w a few months back...
Replies
Views
Anyway, you can always increase the boiler...
Replies
Views
Back