New Boiler Issues | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New Boiler Issues in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Noelski

I had an old boiler (Potterton Netaheat) replaced with Valliant Ecoplus 415 a couple of weeks ago by a Gas Safety Registered engineer. Problem is I can only have heating when the hot water is on. I want to have hot water and heating independent of each other. Any ideas what si the issue?

well first step is get the installer back to sort the problem
its not down to you to figure out and fault find

Thanks for the response. He's been once and he reckon he's fixed the issue. The installation is under guarantee however although I checked and made sure he's Gas Safety Registered I suspect he's not confident on the electrical side.

He's recommended I buy I new pump. My response was that the pump worked with the old boiler and I could get heating and hot water independtly.

I don't mind paying for a new pump, but what if that does not resolve the issue?

I doubt it's the pump if the CH works fine. As above, sounds like it's just been wired in incorrectly.

Get him back and suggest he gets an electrician in if he's struggling to work it out. That's what I do :)

poss old boiler didnt have a live and switched live in addition to normal e/l/n and he has now fiddled with the wiring center and cocked it up
it will need someone with a head for wiring centers as the 3 port or 2 two ports are now wired wrong where are you located its allways poss someone on here is close

I am really grateful for the input. I will bring the engineer back with the info you've all given me. Thank you all.

Outskirts of London just across the A406 - East side

I went from a Potterton Netaheat 10-16 to a Vaillant Ecoplus 415.

Last edited by a moderator:
modern boilers are very flow sensitive could be the pump fails to achieve required flow for heat only and boiler shuts down whilst hot water or hot water and heating together have much lower resistance to flow thus old pump is up to the job only when hot water is called for

modern boilers are very flow sensitive could be the pump fails to achieve required flow for heat only and boiler shuts down whilst hot water or hot water and heating together have much lower resistance to flow thus old pump is up to the job only when hot water is called for
had the same problem with a remeha avanta, but the pump seemed ok but just wasnt upto it and the boiler kept locking out. Doesnt seem to be the same here, check your room stat is working ok and that if you have a mid posn valve its funtioning ok. New boiler install could have stirred up crud and blocked things up etc.

Not if it was done properly and flushed as per mi s if not could also affect warentee on boiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

A
I looked up the faults out of curiosity as I...
Replies
Views
H
Prob blocked / frozen condense pipe does it...
Replies
Views
What are engineers opinion on Intergas, I've...
Replies
Views
I am only telling you what I have seen. I...
Replies
Views
Probably temperature sensor or thermistor that...
Replies
Views
Back