New Boiler Purchase: Grateful for advice | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New Boiler Purchase: Grateful for advice in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thecooksaseal

Just joined the forums, and know next to nothing about plumbing, so hoping to get soem advice from the experts!

My wife and I are about to replace the boiler in our home (which is currently rented out). The current boiler is on it's last legs, so we want to make a good investment. The two options we have been presented with so far are:

1) Ideal I Mini + timer / room stat + 2 year warranty

2) Worcester 25 SI + timer / room stat + 7 year warranty

The Worcester is 300 pounds more expensive, but carries a significantly longer warranty.

Would be really grateful for any comments on this selection, as well as any better alternatives in the price range.

Many thanks

The ideal logic+ is the same as an I-mini, but 5 year warranty and I think (couple be wrong) a different heat exchanger. I'd have the logic over a Worcester personally.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Agreed, Ideal logics are nice boilers with 5 years P&L warranties.

Also worth considering Remeha Avanta 28c, Intergas 28/24 both of which also have 5 year warenties, comes down to what your installer is most familiar with.

I'd avoid the Worcester, the Ideal I'm not sure about.

It sounds like your still at the planning stage, getting quotes etc, what's your location?

I'd recommend a Vaillant ecoTEC pro 28 or an Intergas Combi Compact HRE 28/24. With the Intergas you should get a 5 year warranty and 3 years with the Vaillant (5 on other models). These will be in a similar price range to the Worcester.

My boiler of choice would be the ecoTEC pro, but you'll only get 1 years warranty unless installed by a Vaillant Advance installer, then you'll get 3.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The Remeha is defo worth a look. I find they run like clock work. I fit them in nursing homes, police stations etc they run 24/7 without many issues. Baxi boilers are also quite reliable and good value to be had from suppliers from time to time

who ever you go with will give you different opinions. my company fits alot of vaillants and I always used to recommend vaillants but there spares are a pain and i think the quality of the boilers have gone down hill I go out to vaillants all the time. Alot of people slate worcester for living on a past reputation but myself I like them our company fits alot on council contracts and if they go down I have to go out before we call worcester and I have only been out to a few. Ideals I am wary about due to there last boilers the logic is still fairly new but the isars were worse than rubbish ( Good job they weighed a ton for scrap)

With a 7 year warranty I personally dont think you can go wrong with a worcester it is now what I recommend.

Yeah it is right our company offer it I think those who used to be able to offer 5 year warranty have had it extended to 7 (I do stand to be corrected on that though)

That's why I no longer like Worcester. No support for the little guys any more unless you're fitting 50 boilers a year they don't want to know you. Plus they're in bed with the likes of Tesco and Help Link. They're just after the volume sales now.

If you are looking at length of warranty put against cost of boiler Then get some information on the New Sime Murelle range 10 years parts & Labour, as with all the other makes just need to have a service every year, other than that no other requirements.

That's why I no longer like Worcester. No support for the little guys any more unless you're fitting 50 boilers a year they don't want to know you. Plus they're in bed with the likes of Tesco and Help Link. They're just after the volume sales now.

That's really annoyed me with Worcester. They aren't bothered about the standard of fitter on their accredited installer list, they just care about who fits the most boilers. We tried to get on the scheme but didn't fit enough as we don't just do boilers day in day out. Yet some of those that are really aren't up to scratch. The reason they fit so many is because they just bang them in and forget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Replies
Views
Turned out to be a dirty flame eye inside the...
Replies
Views
So you don’t have any of the blending valves /...
Replies
Views
Worcester Bosch - Vaillant - Baxi - Potterton
Replies
Views
There must be many installations that are in...
Replies
Views
Back