New boiler Quotes, advice please | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New boiler Quotes, advice please in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Please can anyone help me, been quoted for 2 boilers to replace my 15 year old Potterton Promax HE, I have a unvented system with a hot water cylinder
The boilers are vokera mynute or Potterton titanium I think that’s same as the Baxi eco blue

My system is rated at 18kw, there’s around £300 difference between the 2 prices, I know the warranty on 1 is 2 years and 7 years but thinking about boilers which is best

Any help would be appreciated pleas

Thanks

Hi,
No it was different people and what they recommended, I know the potterton Titanium is a eco blue baxi just a different badge.
I was wondering if the potterton was worth the £300 extra, which valiant would you fit on my type of system, he added all the rads up plus hot water and it was 16.5kw so he wants to fit a 18kw

Hi,
No it was different people and what they recommended, I know the potterton Titanium is a eco blue baxi just a different badge.
I was wondering if the potterton was worth the £300 extra, which valiant would you fit on my type of system, he added all the rads up plus hot water and it was 16.5kw so he wants to fit a 18kw

whats the price of the boilers?

Please can anyone help me, been quoted for 2 boilers to replace my 15 year old Potterton Promax HE, I have a unvented system with a hot water cylinder
The boilers are vokera mynute or Potterton titanium I think that’s same as the Baxi eco blue

My system is rated at 18kw, there’s around £300 difference between the 2 prices, I know the warranty on 1 is 2 years and 7 years but thinking about boilers which is best

Any help would be appreciated pleas

Thanks
Only Vaillant, or viessman for me. Never would I like to install a potterton or baxi.

If you want some peace of mind get a Vaillant ecotec plus system boiler nothing lower than this not worth it.

I asked for a mid range with long warranty, didn’t want a budget like Biasi and the Potterton has 7 year parts and labour warranty, I always thought Baxi was good boilers..clearly not

If you want mid range Potterton/Baxi are fine.
I would personally go for the Vaillant and spend the extra couple of hundred quid. Get an advanced registered installer and the 10 year warranty.
Try and get an installer who is interested in the follow up services. They are always more inclined to care what you get and have more experience of the problems and condition of the boiler in the years following installation.

Vaillant for the win :D
Totally agree! Why spending money for a new mid range boiler with 7 years of warranty? I’d rather spend a couple hundred more but have quality instead of quantity at home. What’s the point of having mid range or low range boilers if there are no energy savings at all in the end you are just throwing your money out of the window.

Baxi Potterton are good little boilers and fit inside a kitchen unit with a decent warranty, ideal logic also a contender long warranty and compact mid ranged boilers either will provide the heat you require . Cheers wayne kop

Similar plumbing topics

Don’t know if this is the right part but...
Replies
Views
Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
Who said plastic 28/22mm copper tube and mlcp...
Replies
Views
Below is a sizing chart based on a heat loss...
Replies
Views
Good job buddy. Rather than a beer, if you’re...
Replies
Views
Back