New boiler? Tank? System? Help! | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New boiler? Tank? System? Help! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Hi,
I moved house last year and have inherited an eccentric plumbing system..
I have a Worcester boiler 90/110 from 2001. It has no valve in system allowing me to turn off the heating though and through winter I have to run heating and hot water at same time to get heating to work. The controller for heating merely controls a circulating pump, no mechanical valve.
I currently have a very small, uninsulated hit water tank, that needs upgrading and moving to make space in a bathroom.
As far as I can see I can keep the old boiler, move a new tank into the loft and raise header tanks above (lots of ree routing of pipework).
Or replace tank with unvented hot water tank in loft (new bigger required?)
Or replace the whole lot with an oil combi boiler?
Any suggestions as to which is better option? House is old, quite large,4 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, 1 en suite.
Any advice greatly received

Thanks
Neil

Welcome Neil. You need to register properly with the forum and with a username and repost to receive answers. Anyone could come into the thread using your name

As above and how old are the rads ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

B
No the installers need to come out
Replies
Views
hi, no current pipework in concrete i believe...
Replies
Views
Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
M
A large storage combi could feed more than two...
Replies
Views
200% won’t be the reason the cylinder isn’t...
Replies
Views
Back