New Boiler terminating onto shared driveway | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New Boiler terminating onto shared driveway in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumbdoctor

went to price a boiler swap up today nice and straight forward only problem being the flue in its current location terminates onto a driveway that is shared with the neighbour any ideas ? can I do this ? and if not can I use a plume managment kit to terminate it back onto soley the custards property ? anyone had any issues ?

do they each own their half of the drive?
is half the drive wider than 600mm?
would the flue position and the plume be a likely cause of complaint from the neighbour?

i think the key question here is, will the plume from the boiler cause a nuisance to the neigbour, if so then a plume kit would be better. there should be no problems fitting one.

I see the 600mm rule, prob is over that but even with a plume kit is that acceptable ? all I wanna know is if i install it and sign it off, could there be any issue in the future have i broke any rules ? with building control or if they come to sell there house cos trouble is to mive the boiler is gonna cost them a lot more of course

make sure the flue position will not allow any condense to be able to drip onto any car parked on the drive if you go ahead with it, it will strip the paint off a car very quickly.

thats if you have a passage way between 2 houses, as your condensate may hit there property if i remember correctly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Can a combi be vented through a flat roof the...
Replies
Views
As Gasmark has said use a plume kit to take it...
Replies
Views
Agree but the question is whether the...
Replies
Views
It’s ok aslong as the internal trap is the...
Replies
Views
Just happened to be rummaging around on the...
Replies
Views
Back