New Boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New Boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

helpsy

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just wanted to find out what a ballpark figure would be for supplying a 32kw Biasi combi and removing old boiler, CWSC,F&E,shower pump and flush and adjusting pipework( Will be helping my Gas Safe mate) The job is for my brother(a right tight**s!!) My mate said with us both doing it and supply £2K all in does this sound ok?(I know u can't see the job) It's a detached 3 bed house and my mate said the gas supply will need upgrading as it enters boiler i think in 15mm. He put the phone down on me when i told him this and he said he'd get BG to do it!! He's keeping old rads and pipework is 10mm and I know the feed and vent set up is piped in reverse since house was built in early 80s i think. All guidance appreciated either way.

let him ring BG then wait for him to come grovelling back and you put phone down on him

Cheers lads I thought he was wanting it for peanuts!! Yeah Gray bad when ur family complain let alone joe public!!! He told me it's only a couple of hours work!!!! He's a construction project manager- penpusher just about says it all!! Will keep you informed if he comes back tail between legs (suspect he will go elsewhere to save face though)

Update
My brother reckons he's been on the BG site and got a price of £2400 for all the work and he says they cover it for a year(isn't that just part of the guarantee which I think is 2 years anyway on the said boiler) and he can pay it over a year. I haven't responded and if I do I'll just say go with BG's offer then!

Update
My brother reckons he's been on the BG site and got a price of £2400 for all the work and he says they cover it for a year(isn't that just part of the guarantee which I think is 2 years anyway on the said boiler) and he can pay it over a year. I haven't responded and if I do I'll just say go with BG's offer then!

Just tell him that's fine go with BG if he wants I bet it will cost him more in long run

I'll second that bet. The powerflush will set him back at least £500...which won't achieve much as its on 10mm pipe to the rads.

Let him get on with it. Working for family is normally best avoided!

That has to be the lowest BG quote for that sort of job I have ever seen?

That has to be the lowest BG quote for that sort of job I have ever seen?

Yeh does sound cheap for them. Without seeing the job £2500 is about what i,d do it for, BG are usually about 1k more in my experience.

no way BG quoted that he's lying, no way!!! they charge that for a straight combi swap.

to be fair I wouldnt be charging my brother that money, but my brother is also a plumber so we'd probably just do it together with me doing the boiler.

Update

I contracted to BG up until last week and in my experiance they charge that for a drop test :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
Unfortunately the fitting of a new Venturi did...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
L
Reading between the lines, are the RGIs on...
Replies
Views
Back