New boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nysk2008

Evening all,

Anyone got any views on the WB 34CDi classic? No real reason but toying with the idea of sticking one in my house.

I've just fitted the 29 cdi classic today seems a decent boiler. Exactly same to fit as the other Worcester cdi range

you cant go wrong with wb mate, quality boilers with a back up service second to none in my opinion

Don't like Worcester any more. As far as I'm concerned they are trading on past glory's. I've got a 40 Cdi combi in my place. Peed water all over the worktop just after the 2 year warranty ran out. Crappy plastic manifold had split. Instructions are poor. Had a breakdown on a 28i junior before Christmas. Followed the fault finding guide and it told me that either the pcb or the fan had failed, really helpful. Had to ring WB next day to get more info to resolve problem, it was a case of disconnecting a stat to diagnose which was the fault but why didn't the flipping instructions say that?

thats one thing about this forum you can pick up views from either side of the spectrum

Evening all,

Anyone got any views on the WB 34CDi classic? No real reason but toying with the idea of sticking one in my house.

Like Jamesy says the cdi classic very simular to the old cdi.Different out puts and door catch.they also have the new CDI compact that come out I think next month.

I'd happily fit one in my house. The worcesters I fit, give me no problems.

And you may get 150 cash back for putting one in your own house if they still running that

Don't like Worcester any more. As far as I'm concerned they are trading on past glory's. I've got a 40 Cdi combi in my place. Peed water all over the worktop just after the 2 year warranty ran out. Crappy plastic manifold had split. Instructions are poor. Had a breakdown on a 28i junior before Christmas. Followed the fault finding guide and it told me that either the pcb or the fan had failed, really helpful. Had to ring WB next day to get more info to resolve problem, it was a case of disconnecting a stat to diagnose which was the fault but why didn't the flipping instructions say that?

I personally have found WB technical team really good and they answer the phone quick unlike most.but all company's have good and bad points.but I agree it would be nice to have more info in the manuals but I suppose its to stop customers having a go themselves.

I personally have found WB technical team really good and they answer the phone quick unlike most.but all company's have good and bad points.but I agree it would be nice to have more info in the manuals but I suppose its to stop customers having a go themselves.

They answered the phone quickly the next day when I rang them but that doesn't help when I go to a call after 5 on the way home. It means another call to the property to check which component was faulty.

I also object to the fact that when you buy one of their top range boilers you don't get a fitting template with it. You get one with the i range so why should I have to mess about with a tape measure and trying to hold the two parts of the jig on the wall whilst I mark the holes. You then have to assemble the jig, fit the gas pipe and try and use the stupid plastic plugs to hold the flow and return pipe in place whilst you solder the return pipe up.

Most conventional boilers you fix the template to the wall, drill the holes, fit the hanging bracket and lift the boiler on. Ten minutes work at the most. With the Worcester you measure the position of the bottom of the top plate, hold the two parts of the back plate together whilst trying to mark the holes, drill the holes, fix the backplate, assemble the rest of the jig, try to get the pipes to stay in position, solder the return and finally lift the boiler on. An hour later you're finally in the position you would have been 50 minutes ago if you'd fitted a logic plus.

Agreed. And 50% of the time, the jig ends up looking a total pig cos the wall you've put it on is out. They're just terribly designed, inside and out. Cheaply made and expensive to buy.

They answered the phone quickly the next day when I rang them but that doesn't help when I go to a call after 5 on the way home. It means another call to the property to check which component was faulty.

I also object to the fact that when you buy one of their top range boilers you don't get a fitting template with it. You get one with the i range so why should I have to mess about with a tape measure and trying to hold the two parts of the jig on the wall whilst I mark the holes. You then have to assemble the jig, fit the gas pipe and try and use the stupid plastic plugs to hold the flow and return pipe in place whilst you solder the return pipe up.

Most conventional boilers you fix the template to the wall, drill the holes, fit the hanging bracket and lift the boiler on. Ten minutes work at the most. With the Worcester you measure the position of the bottom of the top plate, hold the two parts of the back plate together whilst trying to mark the holes, drill the holes, fix the backplate, assemble the rest of the jig, try to get the pipes to stay in position, solder the return and finally lift the boiler on. An hour later you're finally in the position you would have been 50 minutes ago if you'd fitted a logic plus.

The jig on the CDi is a pain. Worcester technical is open until 8pm at night though Monday to Friday, unlike most which close at 5pm.

cheers for all the feedback - I prefer vaillants over the worcester certainly from a service point of view but the 34 cdi classic has caught my eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Glad you managed to get things sorted out in...
Replies
Views
There could still be 22mm pipework left...
Replies
Views
A
Are you sure it’s still vented? Should have...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
D
Cadet will cap the gas due to the smell of gas...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Back