new boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss new boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

oliviapaul

hi, I have had several quotes for a new boiler some people say I need to upgrade to a fully pumped system some say not ? I have a hot water tank in the loft but no motorised valve or tank stat do I need these on the new boiler also are ideal boilers any good now ? or am I better with valiant or Worcester ? any help / advice would be great.

Any replacement boiler will require a conversion to fully pumped with cylinder stat. I personally would go for Ideal over Worseter or Vaillant but every engineer will have their own preference. My favourite would be Intergas.

To comply with regs then yes you need control.

post up your location for a member to give you a quote, will get everything explained to you too.

You must go fully pumped to satisfy lots of building regulations for safety and efficiency. Modern boilers do not work on gravity and will void the warranty. You could get a system boiler that will have a valve built in or a combi and loose the tank or a regular boiler and valves etc.

I will only fit Worcesters.

You must go fully pumped to satisfy lots of building regulations for safety and efficiency. Modern boilers do not work on gravity and will void the warranty. You could get a system boiler that will have a valve built in or a combi and loose the tank or a regular boiler and valves etc.

I will only fit Worcesters.
Are you a platinum member yet? :p

Did they expressly say you didn't have to upgrade to fully pumped? Or just omit the information?

All boilers must be fully pumped and controllable.

If you have a gravity system it may be worth ripping the lot out and starting again with new rads and pipework depending in the condition.

Wouldn't be too proud, just makes you an idiot with expensive taste :p

Or a smart businessman that only does jobs for customers that are willing to pay a proper price as opposed to working myself into an early grave trying to be the cheapest installer in town and gets a manufacturer to sweeten the deal in the process.

Last edited by a moderator:
My labour charge is the same regardless of the boiler used. I'm just honest and tell the customer they can save themselves £400 by buying a better/equivalent product made by a manufacturer who don't spend millions on marketing.

In my experience round here, most cheap numpties throw in a junior and the customer is swayed by the name, not the installer. Yet to see one properly installed.

What job bill? Was never going to be a Worcester.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

There must be many installations that are in...
Replies
Views
Hi, approx. 2-3 hours.
Replies
Views
Don’t know if this is the right part but...
Replies
Views
Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
External hounsfield heat only. If you really...
Replies
Views
Back