New builds zone valves on combi | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New builds zone valves on combi in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi everyone, if anybody is out there that can give a little help would be great. I’m going from domestic plumbing into house bashing end of the month now I’ve been told the heating on new builds is zoned off even on combi boilers. Could anybody just shine some light on how to pipe this system up. The zone valves would be in a cupboard upstairs. Thanks.

Second paragraph down, ‘every home must be divided into at least two zones’

0D75A47A-4458-4916-813A-D87BFE8D2440.png

Hi everyone, if anybody is out there that can give a little help would be great. I’m going from domestic plumbing into house bashing end of the month now I’ve been told the heating on new builds is zoned off even on combi boilers. Could anybody just shine some light on how to pipe this system up. The zone valves would be in a cupboard upstairs. Thanks.

Do you have any qualifications as a heating engineer? The fact you don't seem to be familar with the current Building Regulations and are asking an internet forum such a general question means you are taking on a big risk by also trying to design the system yourself. Your contract from the developer should include a detailed specification of the work they want done, including a drawing of pipe sizes and runs, methods and materials statements, etc. You need to check this against current regs and query anything that doesn't seem right to you.

Do you have any qualifications as a heating engineer? The fact you don't seem to be familar with the current Building Regulations and are asking an internet forum such a general question means you are taking on a big risk by also trying to design the system yourself. Your contract from the developer should include a detailed specification of the work they want done, including a drawing of pipe sizes and runs, methods and materials statements, etc. You need to check this against current regs and query anything that doesn't seem right to you.
Hi thanks for the reply, I’ve been plumbing for 6 years with a company doing general plumbing underfloor heating and one off new builds just want to try out site work for something different. I haven’t had any drawings as yet as I haven’t started yet was just asking about to see what it’s like. Thanks

https://assets.publishing.service.g.../attachment_data/file/697525/DBSCG_secure.pdf
Rather than referring to manufacturers guides etc. We should be going to the Guide that is produced & kept up to date, to highlight what is required to be Part L compliant, cross different fuels & if it is new build or replacement.
Table 3, page 18 if Gas fired wet = >150M2, 2 zones required to have independent time & temperature control. The philosophy being the sleeping areas can be turned off or down during the day even if the living areas are occupied giving an saving.

Last edited:
If you’re right Craig, that **** architect cost me lots of money and time in unnecessary work:mad:.

But even the BCO said the houses had to be zoned.
I'm no expert on the subject, after all I do only fit bathrooms (whistling emoji) ;), but that's the way I read the building regs. And as far as I'm aware it is only deemed good practice to zone your heating off in properties below 150m2 floor area.

I'm no expert on the subject, after all I do only fit bathrooms (whistling emoji) ;), but that's the way I read the building regs. And as far as I'm aware it is only deemed good practice to zone your heating off in properties below 150m2 floor area.

You’re probably reading it, as it is. We can’t know everything, far to much ever changing bureaucracy. We do have lives outside of our careers.

You’re probably reading it, as it is. We can’t know everything, far to much ever changing bureaucracy. We do have lives outside of our careers.
We're supposed to have lives outside of our careers? Can someone please tell my boss that :D. You are right though, they do keep changing, they need to make their mind up and just stick to it. Trvs for example, when changing a boiler, used to be recommended, then went to mandatory and now back to strongly reccomended. You can understand when changing a rad that as a drain down isn't required you can't force the customer to have a trv. But why it isn't mandatory for them while the system is drained for a boiler swap is just stupid.

We're supposed to have lives outside of our careers? Can someone please tell my boss that :D. You are right though, they do keep changing, they need to make their mind up and just stick to it. Trvs for example, when changing a boiler, used to be recommended, then went to mandatory and now back to strongly reccomended. You can understand when changing a rad that as a drain down isn't required you can't force the customer to have a trv. But why it isn't mandatory for them while the system is drained for a boiler swap is just stupid.

The powers at be, just like making it hard for us

C@nts

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
The eTRVs would have to open before the zone...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have successfully change the first one...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello all, Just a quick follow up to the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Here's an attachment of the PDF if people are...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Why is it outside? It will freeze and the...
Replies
Views
Back