New central heating system | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New central heating system in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mikec200_0

Hi,
I am a builder and have recently purchased my first home it is a renovation project and i have taken out the old gravity feed system as airing cupboard made bathroom very small and have plumbed in all new pipe work (plastic) with copper tails to each radiator there are 10 radiators on the new system but they are all singles. The property is a small 3 bed semi with 1 bathroom but i may want to extend the house in the future (ensuite) and bigger master bedroom. I looking to buy my boiler now and have made up my mind on a worcester brand i have been looking at the i junior combi 28kw which is more than enough on the central heating wattage but would it be worth me paying more and getting a 30kw si type with the increased hot water flow rate (12.4) and also would you recommend me fitting a automatic air realease valve as i have not as yet Thanks for any help Mike

If you want to extend...yes buy a boiler which will satisfy the future requirments. As for the AAV, it depends on your set up. It won't hurt to fit one, but could be a waste of time and money. The boiler will have one fitted anyway.

The extension if done in the future would only be a ensuite and a couple more rads so would the 28kw i junior with a flow rate of 11.4 litres be man enough do you think?

Yes the 28KW's sounds like enough. However, before I size a boiler, I work out the size of the rooms per square meter, and arrive at a KW rating for comfort. If a extension was proposed, I would allow for that also.

Most boilers fitted these days are over rated, as a modern combi burns a lot of gas to provide domestic hot water, and the c/h is less of a drain on resources.

My advise stands, that if the difference between the two is small, go for the larger boiler, as a higher flowrate on the hot water is never a bad thing, and as you will enlarge the system, you leave yourself plenty of room for scope. However I don't think you'll go drastically wrong either way. Just my opinion.

I look forward to hearing others.

While I'm on the subject..I installed 3 'Worcester Bosch 30CDi RSF's last year....great little boilers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

If you are paranoid, refill, circulate and...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the information mate, ill look into...
Replies
Views
Hi I have recently bought a house which is 17...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
I have a weird intermittent problem where my...
Replies
Views
Back