New combi-boiler or new storage tank? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New combi-boiler or new storage tank? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

alann69

Hi,

My current combi boiler has unfortunately passed its sell by date after 20yrs of reliable service (it keeps leaking and loosing preasure).

The question I have is, should I replace my current combi-boiler with a new one, or have a new water storage tank? I live in a 5 bedroom house and I personally think I should have a new water tank installed as I've found that I loose preasure and temperature when using more than one outlet.

Can someone advise me please?

If you have had a combi for 20 years and managed I am pretty sure that a good modern combi would be sufficient

unless you have add to the family

A properly sized combi will meet your needs. May aswell replace the one you have with one of the right size. Saves thousands getting a tank and a new boiler installed then all the work involved.

About 29 quid for some new work boots

pay for what

ps I do have a sense of humor:D:D:D

I don't.....only joking. I'll be getting someone to put a new boiler in and wondered how much it should cost.

If its a swap for what you already have Ie. combi for combi its gonna be around £2500 - £3500 depending on which boiler you want - roughley ish;)

go for vaillint 937,combi with stored hot water,price wise lab /mat 2550

need a big strong wall to hang that on and a gorilla to lift it up in the first place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Is it worth replacing a Potterton gold 9kw...
Replies
Views
You can set the temp to what you want mines...
Replies
Views
M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
Back