New Combi Boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New Combi Boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

ben phillips

Hi All,
After nursing our Halstead Ace High over the last few years it's time to have it replaced.
I have been looking at boilers for days now, and feel even more confused now that when I started. Was originally looking at the vaillants, WB and potterton ( although they are a little out of my price range) but there still seems to be mixed views on their reliability, which got me thinking if their going to have problems I may as well get something a little cheaper.
Anyway the real question I'm trying to ask is what boilers are worth looking at and which one do I want to avoid like the plague.
I almost forgot I can’t decide whether to get a 28 or 30kwh boiler ( the house is a 3 bed semi / 1 bathroom ).
Many thanks in advance,
Ben

Hi Ben.

You'll probably find folk will recommend what they're use to fitting I'd imagine. New boilers are going to break down. My advice would be to look for one with a 2yr or more guarantee and make sure you pay for the old system to be thoroughly cleaned out and even go to the expense of protecting the boiler with a magnetic filter!! 9 times out of 10 the cause for new boilers breaking down is dirty old systems! IMHO :)

Top advice from Diamondgas. It really will depend on who you talk to as everyone has boilers they like and boilers they hate.

As for the choice of 28 or 30Kw, If the heating system will cope with either, I would say look at the Dhw flow rates and see what would suit your requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I sought advice here a few years ago, to...
Replies
Views
Hello All. The pump was disconnected and...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
A
I looked up the faults out of curiosity as I...
Replies
Views
Ok, thanks will let here leave it is
Replies
Views
Back