New customer called about a Potterton flamingo making popping sound | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New customer called about a Potterton flamingo making popping sound in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

moonlight

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I have had a call from a customer to say her boiler is making a popping sound and it turns out, she has not been able to hear it but her friend said its being doing it for a while. I was sent a video of the boiler, showing the flame through the window. Main flame looks good but it looks like the pilot goes out then relights? I am going to have a look on Monday. She said it was serviced a couple of years ago, her friend said she had been hearing the sound for quite a while. Anyone come across this before? I would like to go in with some useful knowledge. Thanks

I have had a call from a customer to say her boiler is making a popping sound and it turns out, she has not been able to hear it but her friend said its being doing it for a while. I was sent a video of the boiler, showing the flame through the window. Main flame looks good but it looks like the pilot goes out then relights? I am going to have a look on Monday. She said it was serviced a couple of years ago, her friend said she had been hearing the sound for quite a while. Anyone come across this before? I would like to go in with some useful knowledge. Thanks
Also on the asbestos register so better check the serial no. 😘☑️

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Yes or they do an extra tank so brings it upto...
Replies
Views
Just a guess, but you may find that the...
Replies
Views
Don't think that M.valves will pull in air...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I wouldn't rely on pipe finders as a definite...
Replies
Views
Good job buddy. Rather than a beer, if you’re...
Replies
Views
Back