New filler valve rather loud. Any ideas? | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New filler valve rather loud. Any ideas? in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Morning all hope all is well.
I recently needed to fix our leaky main bathroom toilet. I thought as I am taking the cistern off the wall I'd replace all the parts so I wouldn't have to worry about it for a few years at least.

I installed a new flush valve and a new filler valve. Both work fine but the filler valve is a lot louder filling the tank than the previous one.

I installed a Amazon product
The water drops down from the blue filler on the top and I recall that on the previous filler valve there was a plastic sleeve that sort of muffled the fill. However this valve never came with one.

What are these sleeves called? Can I buy them separately of the valve? I cannot seem to find them anywhere.

Help would be appreciated.

Restrictor is what you need.
It's needed if the water supply at the WC is mains pressure.
There should have been one with the new fill valve.

There's sometimes 2 one with large gaps for low pressure and one with small gaps like below for high pressure Restrictor.PNG

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
This design must be peculiar to the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
That sounds more than feasible. Thanks for the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thank you. Strangely we have two cats. Ill...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
No. Twist it between your fingers to make a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I haven’t lived in the house (renovating it...
Replies
Views
Back