New gas cooker - electric cable running behind... | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New gas cooker - electric cable running behind... in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

We are getting a new gas cooker installed on Sunday. The existing one is over 25 years old, as such I'm having to do some prep to make sure it's ok to install (remove wallpaper from the hot zone for one).

In looking behind the existing cooker I have noticed there appears to be a twin and earth cable running along the skirting board.

I don't have time to get this chased into a wall before the cooker comes.

Will it be ok to leave as is? Will it need enclosing in trunking?

Note it is NOT a 32A cable, we have no electric cooker circuit at all.

Yes, gas pipe is about a metre up the wall, this is running along the skirting board.

I can't see anything about stuff behind except for the fitted 13A power cable.

Screenshot_20210114-152055_Acrobat for Samsung.jpgScreenshot_20210114-152106_Acrobat for Samsung.jpgScreenshot_20210114-152116_Acrobat for Samsung.jpgScreenshot_20210114-152143_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

They could ark or spark if damaged across to the gas pipe

also when breakers trip there a small arc/spark let off

@Murdoch , without baffling an old plumber with electrical silence , why do we keep cables and Cu’s away from gas pipes ? .
Thank you

good question really - but separation is sensible for both services ... you could ask the powers that make the rules but I suspect they won’t give a straight answer to a straight question

but it’s best to keep taps away from above any electrical assembly

They could ark or spark if damaged across to the gas pipe

also when breakers trip there a small arc/spark let off
Yes obviously knew and understand that but I once read something about an electrical field ( may not be just right ) what could damage / electrically corrode the pipe , @Murdoch , any thoughts or was I dreaming ?

The twin warp field increases the risk of Ohms correction sending a switched live down the graphene spline. This will stop your inline scale reducer from utilising its nanobots. Because we all know how good they are.

But that's just how I heard it.

Yes obviously knew and understand that but I once read something about an electrical field ( may not be just right ) what could damage / electrically corrode the pipe , @Murdoch , any thoughts or was I dreaming ?
I don't know how likely it would be, but yes, electromagnetic fields can cause electrolysis to happen.

The twin warp field increases the risk of Ohms correction sending a switched live down the graphene spline. This will stop your inline scale reducer from utilising its nanobots. Because we all know how good they are.

But that's just how I heard it.
Thats the one

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks guys will do that
Replies
Views
E
I reckon if I did a survey of 100 heating...
Replies
Views
eco-heating options
E
Maybe get an oven thermometer and test it...
Replies
Views
Hi all new member here just after some advice...
Replies
Views
P
Baxi boilers are light and quiet but I doubt...
Replies
Views
Back