New Heat Only Boiler Worcester Bosch V Valliant V Wiesmann | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New Heat Only Boiler Worcester Bosch V Valliant V Wiesmann in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wildhorses

Dear all just about to have a new heat only boiler fitted in three bed house (old house no cavity) one main bathroom and one on-suite about 9 rads in total.

Got an installer I trust, he is wiesmann trained and has fitted 30 last year without any call backs but is happy to fit whatever I want, going the wiesmann route is my number one option as he's very familar with them but wondering on views from other fitters/end users

I'd be going for the wiesmann 100 W Compact 19KW which I reckon is more than adequate, has 5 years parts and labour warranty as he is wiesmann certified. Stainless Steel heat exchanger. Spares issues concerns me but then again it's got the warranty, apparently this later model is a lot better than the previous one's

or

Valliant 418 Ecotec plus, stainless steel heat exchanger, but apparently is a glow worm in a nicer box and soon to be phased out? heard this can be noisy?

or

Worcester B 18ri (but apparently has lots of plastic parts)

Realise the question is not new! but anyone care to give some info on these models (without going to the older models)?

Or if there is something really excellent that I'm missing

Thanks

I have no experience with the first two but can vouch for the worcester in terms of quality reliability and quiet. Parts are easily sourced and unlikely to be phased out anytime soon

vaillant for me, if its installed properly it wont be noisy, i have ecotec combi in my house and its not loud, 5 year warranty too.

as much as i hate to say it (and i really dont like worcester)and dont start me on valiant!!!!!) i would go for the worcester no offence to weissman i do feel they are quality but its easier to get spares for worcester, normally i would suggest BAXI duotec if this was a combi,but as you need a heat only BAXI,s offering the solo is weak on reliability IMHO and as you have come here for good,honest advice i cant recommend BAXI this time

as much as i hate to say it (and i really dont like worcester)and dont start me on valiant!!!!!) i would go for the worcester no offence to weissman i do feel they are quality but its easier to get spares for worcester, normally i would suggest BAXI duotec if this was a combi,but as you need a heat only BAXI,s offering the solo is weak on reliability IMHO and as you have come here for good,honest advice i cant recommend BAXI this time

Dare I play Devil's Advocate with a greenie!? ha ha only joking Gas Man, seriously though I thought you liked Vaillants, what's changed?

Dare I play Devil's Advocate with a greenie!? ha ha only joking Gas Man, seriously though I thought you liked Vaillants, what's changed?

nope never liked vailants the older ones are fine,but the newer ones not fussed tbh,technical rips you for advice,flues made out of tin foil,spares ott price wise INMO

nope never liked vailants the older ones are fine,but the newer ones not fussed tbh,technical rips you for advice,flues made out of tin foil,spares ott price wise INMO

would defo agree on the cost of spares but they are nice to work on, lot's of room and access to components, I like the interface too. Tbh I'm not overly impressed with any of the technical support lines save for Gloworm (I'll wait for the barrage of abuse lol), called them the other day just for some readings got straight through on a non-premium line, chap was totally knowledgeable and very helpful

I also fit baxi, and I feel the same way about their heat only. I don't know about their reliability yet but don't seem to be as good build quality as the worcester version. We're onto the new think technology and they have left the solo in the dark, not everyone wants a system or combi. I wouldn't have a heat only myself. System boiler is the way forward

I also fit baxi, and I feel the same way about their heat only. I don't know about their reliability yet but don't seem to be as good build quality as the worcester version. We're onto the new think technology and they have left the solo in the dark, not everyone wants a system or combi. I wouldn't have a heat only myself. System boiler is the way forward

with a system boiler would you go traditional y/s plan or go for the internal mv option?

I've never done the internal controls yet so would have to be the old system as It's what I'm used too

pretty sure that the optional internal mv will only do hw or heating and not both...seems a bit daft to me especially if you've got a big house with a lot of water storage...think I'm with you and would go the tried and trusted route

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

oh, i see
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
Do you know if it’s damaged more parts they...
Replies
Views
Yep that uses the ideal valves common issue...
Replies
Views
Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
hello, old post but what did you go with in...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
Back