New here!- Mixer Shower Issue! | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New here!- Mixer Shower Issue! in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hello!

Im Martyn Im new here and have joined for some advice on a couple of things.

Ive got an issue with a Mira mixer shower that has increasingly become harder to operate. The shower was installed before I moved into the house.

Basically what happens is that I turn the shower on so there's sufficient water and set to hot, but after a minute or so the pressure drops, water slows ( I can literally hear the boiler shut off) then all of a sudden the shower bursts into life with very fast cold water, leaving me frantically trying to adjust the temperature lever only a tiny amount to restore heat...its a real fiddle and not fun after a long day working outside in the cold.

Ive added a picture below, it appears the installer fitted part of the body upside down??

Is there anything I can do to fix/ repair/ restore its function?...Im a mechanic so am fine with spanners, im just not sure about where to start with this type of shower.

Any thoughts are greatly welcome

Many thanks

Martyn
PXL_20231215_073031044.jpg

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Thanks Any thoughts on a shower system to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
What is your source of hot water? What bar...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Upto the tiler to correct then at his expense...
Replies
Views
  • Question
perfect thanks, Ill grab them tomorrow and try...
Replies
Views
  • Question
This question, word for word, has already been...
Replies
Views
Back