New Hot water tank help. | Plumbing Zone | All Other Country's | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New Hot water tank help. in the Plumbing Zone | All Other Country's area at Plumbers Forums

A

aaronh21

Hi

I'm installing an ECOCENT ESP100 unventilated hot water cylinder into my house to replace my old vented cylinder. However my mains cold water supply is unreliable and was wonder if someone could give me some advice on my proposed solution?

I intend to use the 50 Gallon header tank (from the old vented tank)I have just above the new ventilated hot water cylinder as a cold water store, and then pump out of this tank using a Draper 64987 55L/Min Booster Pump into the inlet side of the new unventilated tank from this to give me a constant supply of cold water at a good rate. I have a 22mm outlet from the header tank and the new hot water tank has a 1/2" inlet and outlet. The hot water tank is to feed one bath, thermostatic shower and taps.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Aaron Hodgson.

Hello Aaron,
is it the hot water or cold that you want boosting? I have reread the post several times and am not sure??
if you want to boost the cold the new pump from salamander that can be direct connected to the mains but regulates itself to a maximum of 12lt a minute might be worth thinking about.
if its the hot you are trying to get a better pressure with then why not fit a pump after the hot water tank??

your original post is scary, there are so many regulation potentially being broken in what you suggest doing.
an unvented cylinder is potentially very dangerous and as such needs to be installed by someone qualified.
please get someone to call and explain the best solution for you.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
What type of cylinder do you have?
Replies
Views
C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
  • Question
which must be protected by a RCD new circuit...
Replies
Views
Murdoch
M
see same. below on this as some one has had...
Replies
Views
Back