New install, tigerloop issue | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New install, tigerloop issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all.

I recently installed a new oil line and boiler in a property. The line is quite a run and the appliance is higher than the tank. I put a tiger loop in and used a bucket to prime the flow and return.

This all went to plan and the boiler fired with no issue. I reconnected the oil line and continued to observe waiting for it to lock out which it didnt.

I carried on with my commission and got my readings and left the heating on for a good hour or so to check that the radiators were all heating up etc...

After a few hours I get a call from the customer telling me that the boiler has locked out. I went down there and noticed the tiger loop was empty.

I reset the burner a few times and i could see it bubbling as it was purging the air from the line.

After a while it was again full (bubbles had gone). i knocked the boiler off for about 30 minutes and still it was full and fired again.

Now again its empty so it seems its slowly going back into the tank.

I'm thinking of putting a non-return valve on the supply pipe going into the tiger loop.

Am i right in thinking this?

Thanks for reading!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

C
Hi all, all new to this breakdown life...
Replies
Views
CJAY40
C
Will try to upload pic again
Replies
Views
I've tidied up this thread and banned a user...
Replies
Views
Someone has said, he wouldnt of plumbed it as...
Replies
Views
Ok I think I see what your saying mate, So...
Replies
Views
Back