New Install | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New Install in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefaz

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Evening folks,
Just a quick one. I've been asked about installing a boiler into a church hall,the room has a floor standing domestic boiler and a main water heater,both are to be pulled out and replaced with a combi.
i believe the gas meter however is commercial as there is a commercial boiler that runs the church part
sp my question is am i able to install this boiler or do i need to get someone with a commercial ticket to do the gas and i can do the rest?
any help appreciated!!

Wont you have to tap into the existing commercial pipework to run the new boiler pipework?

thanks for the replies ......... meter is maybe a g25 or summit although i could have dreamed this up!
off the gas meter im not sure either but its bigger than 28.
the feed to the boiler in hall is 22mm

Domestic is:
up to 35mm pipework
up to 70kw
U16 meter max
Pipe volume no greater than 0.0035m3

A u16 meter has avolume of 0.0025m3.

So going from what you are saying then it does sound commercial territory.

cheers for the replies guys, i know the maximum pipe is around 35......so saying its 35 and the meter is this g25 or whatever am i able to cut in and work on it?

Domestic is:
up to 35mm pipework
up to 70kw
U16 meter max
Pipe volume no greater than 0.0035m3

good info grahamgas
it looks like i cant do the gas then!
im sure i wont be able to find someone who will just sign the gas off!!

A u16 meter has avolume of 0.0025m3.

So going from what you are saying then it does sound commercial territory.

good info grahamgas

No as a g25 meter is 40 m3 an hour, way out of scope for domestic.

good info grahamgas

No but what you could do is to get someone to run the gas to the appliances, with an iso valve and test point, then you can work from that point on.

not 100% if it is G25 but if it is ill leave well alone!
So are these domestic appliances classesd as commercial installs becasuse of this gas meter?

an idea yes so assusme i got someone to do that how would i go about registering the install with gas safe? with the gas being commercial! its annoyong that these pipes are 22mm too

Had a debate with a gas safe inspector recently.
He said if mis refer to British standrads for domestic flueing and ventilation, then obviously domestic, if it refers to bs for commercial flue and vent, then obviously commercial.

Graham

I used to maintain a site a few years ago. It was a care facility with individual 6 person properties each with its own boiler. Everything was domestic except for the communal gas meter that was the size of a small planet. Every property had an ECV and test point at entry so I was able to treat each property as an individual domestic installation.

Evening folks,
Just a quick one. I've been asked about installing a boiler into a church hall,the room has a floor standing domestic boiler and a main water heater,both are to be pulled out and replaced with a combi.
i believe the gas meter however is commercial as there is a commercial boiler that runs the church part
sp my question is am i able to install this boiler or do i need to get someone with a commercial ticket to do the gas and i can do the rest?
any help appreciated!!

hi i have similar sinario . church got glow worm hideaway 30kw and fed from 22mm pipe but the meter is a large gas meter industrial meter - could i fit a new boiler to this ? put a new ignition board on last month but boiler is on the last legs.

ant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Not all commercial boilers are 70 kwatt...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many thanks for the reply @Timmy D thats a...
Replies
Views
Morning All, I have 1800’s farm house 3...
Replies
Views
Ok I think I see what your saying mate, So...
Replies
Views
G
Personally at that size UFH I would want a...
Replies
Views
Back