New member saying hello! And looking for advice on electric combi boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New member saying hello! And looking for advice on electric combi boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

marktaunton

hi everyone, I have a question. I am going to fit a central heating system to an old town house, it has no gas (£1000 to get a supply) so am considering an electric combi boiler, is it a silly idea?
Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Mark

no an electric combi is ok, have you considered an oil or LPG boiler?

I would pay the £1000!
natural gas boilers are more attractive to buyers in the future!

Silly to consider an oil boiler, the cost of the boiler + tank is the same if not more than getting the natural gas to the house and a natural gas combi, also the fuel costs are higher.

i don't know a huge amount about electric combi's but i do know the cost of heat generated is far higher.

I think it is around 15.74 pence per kwh for electricity
natural gas is about 5.31 pence per kwh!

consult a local independent heating engineer what is best for you.

Electric combi is pap. Better with unvented thermal store and separate electric tube heater and traditional pump . No need for zv on heating as it's electric but separate pump for ch. It's going to be expensive in long run ! Unless u install solar PV and pt . Pt to help heat store and PV to help offset elec bills . U could install gshp or ashp but in town so would strongly recommend GAS .

electric for central heating is ok if your not the tenant/owner waste of space imho, go for gas cheaper in med term, but look at renewables along the eay ie solar hw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Probably temperature sensor or thermistor that...
Replies
Views
We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
M
A large storage combi could feed more than two...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Back