New meter fitted - what next? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New meter fitted - what next? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Hi

I have British Gas booked in to fit a meter. The property has been without a meter since December when the old one was removed, it was in regular use.

I am after some advice on what to do after the fitting, will I need to book out someone to flush the pipes or is this something I can do?

I have no gas cooker to pull the gas through , only the boiler which is an Ideal Independent C24.

Advice appreciated thanks.

Ok thanks both, I signed up for Corgi Homeplan's boiler cover yesterday, the Advanced option.

Is this something they cover or will I need to do a separate callout?

This is all a bit new to me . Cheers

An easy job for any gas safe registered engineer to do. Regarding flushing of the pipes once you get the heat going check all radiators are heating fully after tbe boiler has been on for a while and if there are any cold spots then you could need a flush to sort that out but if not it should be fine.

Similar plumbing topics

We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
Yes, for 20p it'll save the mess and you can...
Replies
Views
Ok I think I see what your saying mate, So...
Replies
Views
Under the Energy Price Cap rates from 1...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi John Yes I have evacuated tubes. They are...
Replies
Views
Back