new non plumber, boiler advice required!!! | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss new non plumber, boiler advice required!!! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pb Lead

Hi guys,

new here, just saying hi and got the old favourite question, which boiler type and brand is best!!
replacing a floorstander in my new house, 3 storeys, 3 bed, 2 receptions, 11 rads-ish.

cheers

Paul

;-)

gas, lpg, oil, electric, solid fuel. Need to expand a little.

Oh and welcome to the forum :)

oh, a few more details I know will be needed, currently a conventional system, wondering whether to change to a system boiler and remove the tanks or stick with the conventional one. Thinking of the WB Greenstar fs 30cdi, any thoughts?

thanks

Paul.

look at the remeha avanta range,
the most important think is find yourself a good local engineer, and ask his advice.
every engineer has his favorite boiler for one reason or another.
and the local guy that installs it will also consider reliability and price of spare for repairs.

the most important think is find yourself a good local engineer, and ask his advice.
and the local guy that installs it will also consider reliability and price of spare for repairs.

Agreed. Most boilers will do okay if well installed. I'd avoid Worcester, don't rate them myself, pain to fit and repair.

Post up in the plumber wanted section with your location.

looked at Remaha, got some ghastly reviews, difficult to say whether installation, boiler or both!

But getting advice from a local plumb is on the agenda, good call.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
I feel for you, it's a bad position to be in...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Thanks guys. Just finished and managed to set...
Replies
Views
That's what I was hoping, looks like a good...
Replies
Views
Back