New oil boiler question | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New oil boiler question in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dogbower

Hi, I am just after some advice on a new oil boiler.
Inherited an old Worcester heatslave with the house, Have since installed underfloor heating throughout the ground floor, and converted the attic which runs off radiators. This system all works fine with our old boiler.
I am now looking at replacing the boiler, looked at lots of alternatives but decided to stick with oil.
Question is to stay with combi or go unvented and heat only boiler.
Just the 2 of us, at least 1 shower a day, I understand heat only boiler has less to go wrong, but cant get my head around heating a cylinder for just us 2.

What do you think?

Unvented is best way to go with heat only boiler. You need to size it accordingly and when it gets heated up after about 30mins it will stay hot for a long time. Combis give more trouble will be more expensive to repair and will cost about same as a boiler and cylinder. Also if boiler breaks down you still have hot water with better pressure.

Unvented Grant, make sure you've definitely got a big enough vessel, standard with the boiler usually isn't big enough!
Go for an external Grant, then no oily muck inside your pad!

quicker bath fills, better flow, 2ndry return gives hot at taps immediately if you want, immersion means back up to boiler, happier oil tech on servicing and repairs, anything else?

where are you so someone on here can quote?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

External hounsfield heat only. If you really...
Replies
Views
hi, no current pipework in concrete i believe...
Replies
Views
    • Funny
Polite reply here, but firstly stating the...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Np Simon. Hoping to get the boiler engineer...
Replies
Views
Back