New oil burner needed | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New oil burner needed in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

camper5757

I have a Warmflow oil boiler 60/90 fitted with a Riello Oil Burner RB1 it is 7 years old had 2 new pumps fitted over the 7 years i was a heating eng may years ago and now retired . From working with these Riello Oil Burner in the past the oil pump is not good and always gave trouble especially if they were run on 28 sec oil Danfoss pumps in my time were the best so i am going to fit a new burner as it need a motor and pump as it has seized is a NU Way burner a good replacement are have we moved on from that and if so what would be the best type of burner to fit. Will be buying this new burner from the web so any links would be appreciated i live in Belfast/ thanks for help in advance

Go to Bassetts on Montgomery Road, or on Shore Road heading out towards Greencastle.

Don't buy online, you've no come back at all. Take it you'll be using a wet kit to set the burner up.

I have a Warmflow oil boiler 60/90 fitted with a Riello Oil Burner RB1 it is 7 years old had 2 new pumps fitted over the 7 years i was a heating eng may years ago and now retired . From working with these Riello Oil Burner in the past the oil pump is not good and always gave trouble especially if they were run on 28 sec oil Danfoss pumps in my time were the best so i am going to fit a new burner as it need a motor and pump as it has seized is a NU Way burner a good replacement are have we moved on from that and if so what would be the best type of burner to fit. Will be buying this new burner from the web so any links would be appreciated i live in Belfast/ thanks for help in advance

Dump the oil get gas in

Thank,s for the reply croppie what make and model would you recommend for me to buy the old Riello R B 1 runs on a .65 Danfoss jet

Why bother? There were issues with the riello oil pumps a couple of years ago, seems to have been ironed out now. Not had a call due to a failed pump in ages.

Pumps are fine these days, stick a new one on, replace bearings in motor, you'll be dandy. Check fuel filter, if blocked could be killing pumps.

Sterling 40 burner is very good & it comes with Danfoss oil pump. Generally gives years of service if cared for & in a dry place. Parts are reasonable anyhow.
I would agree Danfoss is better pump still, but as others have said, the Riello oil pumps seem to be lasting better recently. A Riello pump will hopefully last 7 or 8 years or a few more if you are lucky.
A paper element filter fitted at oil tank & oil line flushed out, plus make sure if you have a tube sight gauge at tank that it isn't letting rain water & debris into oil line.
A tigerloop helps the oil pump to last longer & also saves you fuel usage, but you really need the more expensive tigerloop Bio model if inside boiler house or any building.

I wouldnt change the burner, total waste of money and not solving the problem. Check your fuel supply. Blocked filters or contaminants in your fuel tanl kill pumps and a new burner of any make will go the same way. Riello pumps are as reilable as any others these days. I seem to replace more Danfoss than Riello pumps so I wouldn't consider it an improvement

Don't forget to clean the strainer in the Riello pump as well as the in line filters.

If the pump has to suck above the level of the tank you need a tigerloop as previously mentioned.

The metal inside Riellos was & probably still is weak as the drive pin cuts deep into the first gear.
I open them & find this is the case normally. The drive pin then either eventually doesn't engage with the gearing or else it twists & jams the pump the odd time. They are worn badly in approx 4 or 5 years at best.
The Danfoss pumps have surprised me how unworn they are after many years of use. But the Danfoss solenoids are more likely to give trouble, so it is a gamble on which burner is better nowadays.
Most oil pumps to be fair, are being asked to work on unfiltered or neglected filter, oil tank supplies & Riellos especially won't like this.
I have just been told to service a B9 Electro Oil burner (with Danfoss pump) that has been running for about 15 years totally unserviced, which shows how reliable they can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

All sorted now and running better than ever...
Replies
Views
So getting back to my original question, do...
Replies
Views
Coil.......................................plus...
Replies
Views
The connection of the HT leads shouldn't...
Replies
Views
Who says they can only do emergency repairs...
Replies
Views
Back