New Opella Dual Flush fitted last Nov - now only short flush works!! | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New Opella Dual Flush fitted last Nov - now only short flush works!! in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

T

Timbobted

I had a New Opella Dual Flush fitted last Nov and now only the short flush works!!

The handle is also reluctant to return to its original position

My first thought was that there is something 'gunging up' the inners of the syphon

Any help???

My guess from the information you have supplied is that the handle isn't pulling up vertically when flushing. This would explain it not returning fully and because it isn't returning fully the syphon isn't filling fully. It's s difficult one without seeing it.

My guess from the information you have supplied is that the handle isn't pulling up vertically when flushing. This would explain it not returning fully and because it isn't returning fully the syphon isn't filling fully. It's s difficult one without seeing it.

The handle seems to be pulling up vertically and also the syphon is filling fully - the bit that the handle pulls up just seems a bit 'sticky' on its way down

It is a bit temperamental as it does do a full flush now and again!!

opellas not the best but if your using something like blue blocks in your cistern this will kill plastic parts regardless of brand,i only use fluid master,they dont play up

opellas not the best but if your using something like blue blocks in your cistern this will kill plastic parts regardless of brand,i only use fluid master,they dont play up

There are no blue blocks - or anything else like that in the cistern - however, there is a big ring of squigy plumbers mate around the hole at the bottom of the cistern and it seems to have broken up and maybe that it was has blocked the syphon?

There are no blue blocks - or anything else like that in the cistern - however, there is a big ring of squigy plumbers mate around the hole at the bottom of the cistern and it seems to have broken up and maybe that it was has blocked the syphon?

If a small blob of mait has stuck to the rod that will account for it

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Thank you. Worked a treat,
Replies
Views
1/4" from the bottom of the cistern sounds a...
Replies
Views
Email these guys...
Replies
Views
Hi @Jim Goodenough I do have some yes , I did...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back