New plumber, looking for work ((Suffolk)) | Find Local Plumbers - Post a Job | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New plumber, looking for work ((Suffolk)) in the Find Local Plumbers - Post a Job area at Plumbers Forums

Hey everyone, my name's Loren, I'm 31 and I recently finished my level 2 NVQ plumbing diploma at college and I'm looking for someone to help me out with the essential 'on the tools' experience.

I work full time at the moment and am used to an above min wage salary, I understand I will have to take a significant pay cut if I'm going to be more appealing to an employer as a newbie/apprentice, however I know there are places out there that pay fairly well for apprentice levels.

I was wondering if anyone knows of places looking to take on people in my situation, or if you have any advice to make myself look a bit more appealing to an employer?

I've applied to British Gas (after seeing they pledge to employ more women in the trades) my local trades recruiters and council/housing associations, some local plumbing companies and let almost everyone I know to tell their plumbers about me! I have years of customer service, cleaning and admin under my belt, and I make a good cuppa! Just keen to learn and get stuck in :)

Also, I am interested in knowing how you got started? Did you have any struggles getting set up? What do you enjoy about the job the most?

Thanks,

Loz ([email protected])

Similar plumbing topics

I’m a Level 3 NVQ Qualified plumber who worked...
Replies
Views
Oh dear, welcome to the forum, I will move...
Replies
Views
Looking for a plumber to install a tank and...
Replies
Views
hello Mick Thank you for your message. Please...
Replies
Views
Eddy varela
E
Back