new radiator too short-help please | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss new radiator too short-help please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

blurayaddict

hi can someone give me some adivce please

i have just replaced my old rad{1130mm} with new one {1100} so now it is a bit too short to reach the valves---i have looked on wickes and b&q web site to see if they stock Union Valve Tails ,but they do not seem to have them--could i just use a -- compression straight connector instead as they have these--would this do the trick---thanks

ok well went to screwfix got one of these
http://www.NoLinkingToThis/search.do;jsessionid=LRT2DFTWRURQ4CSTHZOCFFQ?_dyncharset=UTF-8&fh_search=UNION+VALVE+TAIL&searchbutton.x=3&searchbutton.y=13

but the nut that screws onto my manual valve is too big need next size down but they only do this size
icon_sad.gif

so went to wickes and got one of these

Radiator Valve Extension - Radiator Accessories - Heating -Tools, Electrical & Plumbing - Wickes

which is not longer a noth and is not want i needed

just like to add i need a 15 mm one don't i thaks

any help appreciated people-caus its starting to do my head in now :)

You can get 20mm,30mm and 40mm rad valve extensions from all factors however if you are not fussed what it looks like you can use 15mmx1/2" female iron to copper , just take off the nut and olive and make the joint with ptfe tape and screw into rad the valve tail will go into the female end , probably one each end for 30mm:D

You can get 20mm,30mm and 40mm rad valve extensions from all factors however if you are not fussed what it looks like you can use 15mmx1/2" female iron to copper , just take off the nut and olive and make the joint with ptfe tape and screw into rad the valve tail will go into the female end , probably one each end for 30mm:D

you can get these in chrome too, so wouldn't look as rough!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Brad, Is it large tail valve with 3/4” nut...
Replies
Views
1/4 turn black knob on both. open bleed screw...
Replies
Views
  • Question
as my post yesterday told you what to do,
Replies
Views
  • Question
Replace the old radiators larger rooms need 2...
Replies
Views
Will seal fine with some thread sealant...
Replies
Views
Back