new radiators | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss new radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Have a small jopb to do on an old style cottage with no current radiators , only source of heat is fire in front room and from the rayburn which does the ho****er cylinder in the upstairs cupboard above the kitchen .Their is a current towel rail in bathroom which am informed has never worked but can see it has pipes going into floor .Upon looking around current set up i can see no pump anywhere , money is very tight for this job as they have young family and they have asked could i possibly install a couple radiators in the bedrooms .

My question being can i come off the the circuit where the towel rail has come from ( presuming its sludge in rail which why dont work) to install the new rads . Im presuming as i cant see pump its a gravity set up and wondering if circultion would be an issue ?

All the sounds of leaving it alone.

Don't come off towel rad, if it ain't working it could be part of something else, hard to say without looking.

It's not a cheap fix though to get some heating, if the rayburn is big enough etc etc etc.

How about a couple of wall mounted electric heaters. Not ideal but maybe just the job for this one.

Cant leave this one alone as its familly towel rail is coming out and was going to remove existing pipework that was feeding it . We did talk about electric heaters but they have decided they want proper rads for if they get enough money in future then they can get boiler etc etc

Hah, the torture of family work lol.

I'd still be concerned at the btu's the rayburn is kicking out.

Is there a data plate? Never had to worry about it before. Just had a quick google and it looks as it's all down to the model of rayburn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Need a heating engineer in Central London I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You won’t remove it easily looks like an...
Replies
Views
He does not even know if the external frost...
Replies
Views
E
This needs someone to go through it. My advice...
Replies
Views
Hi, thanks for the reply, that did cross my...
Replies
Views
Back