New soil stack | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New soil stack in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tony Savate

Hi, 1st time using a forum so please forgive any mistakes.
I have a barn with an upstairs WC and basin connected into a vented soil stack at the back of the barn.
I now want to install a shower and kitchen sink downstairs at the front of the barn. The underground pipework is all in place and ready to go but I need to know if I can put another 110mm vented soil stack at the front of the barn inorder to connect the sink waste and the shower waste.
Thanks for any advice

Yes.

There is no limit on how many soil stacks you can install.

you wont need a vented stack for that probably just a stub stack if there all close or maybe a stubstack and a seperate drain connection or possibly three connections as i said depending on layouts

:welcome: to the forum.
A new soil stack is subject to building regulations/control.
so you should really be getting them involved before any work

i believe it would be no different to two semi detached houses with 2 stacks it is 1 building and 2 stacks

Thanks for the replies, The building inspector has already been out and is fine with the stack at the back, but the shower room is an after thought. I think I will put a stub stack at the front or at worst another vented stack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
Yes it’s doable but I suspect it wouldn’t be...
Replies
Views
Thanks, I think its a case of stick with the...
Replies
Views
No problem with the 900mm from openings as it...
Replies
Views
Hi Steve, Thanks for posting. Could you post...
Replies
Views
Back