new tap now low warm water pressure | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss new tap now low warm water pressure in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

D

Deleted member 67158

hi, i have a gravity system in my house. non-pressurized boiler and i have no space to lift my
cold water cystern or hot water tank, i also don't want to buy or run an electric water pump.
due to a leak in the housing, i had to
change my old dual lever monoblock mixer tap, which run beautifully with good warm water flow ( it also came
with these small tails to connect to warm and cold it was a non ceramic tap).
now bought one advertised to
work from 0.5 bar ( i realise this is quite a lot of pressure, my HWT is 2 meters higher but on a 5 meter horizontal run with bends, the CWC is half a meter higherrom the HWT) the new taph is a modern looking single lever mixer tap with pull out spray 1 meter+ with 50cm tails with 5mm connectors. now i only get a
trickle of hot water, cold water fine of course. i did change the connecting tails just in case, but they are the
same. i also did take out all the reducers from the new tap. the
hot feeds from a 22mm pipe, the isolation valve is
a 22mm full bore one. there is no air or dirt in the system and the other
warm tap in the house works fine. it is the bathroom tap, a single
lever monoblock mixer.... without me knowing i must have been sold a large-bore
version, although it has these tails, with 5mm connectors and not much bigger pipes to
fit into hot and cold ( unfortunately unbranded, the
shop i bought it from, has closed
years ago, and being a bathroom tap it wouldn't fit in the kitchen anyway)
do i have to install an old style 2 lever tap with 15mm connectors?
has anybody run into the same problem and found a solution?
is there a a "single lever mixer tap" that would work ?
ps is my problem: high water resistance, low hight of feeder tanks, modern tap not meant for uk gravity system or else ?

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I’ve got exactly same problem. I have to put...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thankyou, I have already installed a hot and...
Replies
Views
A
  • Question
Thanks to you all for your thoughts, much...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I believe a dual flow tap does not require non...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I would of clipped the pipework but it is...
Replies
Views
Back