New toilet fitting with flexible hose question | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New toilet fitting with flexible hose question in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cmaskelyne

I am in the process of installing a new bathroom in our house as a keen DIY'er. I seem to have picked up most of the skills without flooding the house or having any major disasters (so far). I am looking for a couple of bits of advice that I cannot find in any of my recently aquired books (or off the internet) so would be grateful if any plumbers can assist.

First on is that I have fitted the toilet but due to the way the tiles were laid it was easier to cut the hole through the wall for the soil pipe about 1 to 1 1/2 inches higher than the outlet from the toilet. This means the flexible piple attached to the toilet rises about this amount before it drops outside and into the downpipe. I am guessing this will make the water level an inch higher than usual. Is this likely to cause me any problems?

As a second side question that is related to this installation I have assembled the soil stack outside and it looks fine apart from at the top I do not want to go through the soffit and roof but round the soffit and guttering. I need a bracket that will throw the soil pipe vent out from past the gutter. I cannot find one easily - could anyone advise on whether these exist and if so where I can get them from?

Does water flow up hill in your part of the world? Having the soil pipe higher than the wc outlet will only cause regular blockages either raise the wc on a plywood base untidy or sort out the soil pipe now before your missus blocks the bog.

use 45s to make an offset and get a normal pipe bracket and tie it together with a piece of galvanised wall tie used by brickies to hold down wall plates to make a cheap support or buy a standoff bracket from a merchant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't forget the top wants to be 1m above the height of the eaves and terminate with a bird cowl.

You may be able to get away with 1 inch difference without risk of blockages - you will need an offset pan connector.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

No problem with the 900mm from openings as it...
Replies
Views
Please come back with a photo and words of the...
Replies
Views
Grudfos do a unit called Sololift WC3 that has...
Replies
Views
Thank you - very helpful! The old WC is long...
Replies
Views
You may also find pushing the button sharply...
Replies
Views
Back