New Toilet Installation | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New Toilet Installation in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shambock

Hi
Anyone help me with a query??
Im installing a toilet and the new waste outlet of the pan is about 20mm lower than the pan to stack connector. The only thing i can think of is to either raise the hieght of the pan with a infill (very ugly) or lower the pan to stack connector by making a larger hole in wall and cutting the outside stack down (alot of hassel).
It might seem a silly question but could i use a 20mm off set adaptor with the waste having to go up by 20mm???? to reach the outside stack.

Thanks for any advice

hello there, well you've only got two realistic options and you've mentioned the two of them. I wouldnt fit the offset going up hill, although you try it and see. I would get a 20mm piece of plywood cut neatly to the shape of the bog - paint it, seal it? should be ok. Best thing is to explain to customer of the problem, give them the options - the ply option would obviously be cheaper and a damn lot easier

You may get away with an offset connector if its only 20mm but make the customer aware that if they don't want to go to the expense of altering the stack it is not the correct way of doing it and you will accept no responsibility if it doesn't work or leaks (get them to sign).

Before you do such a job again you need to check the toilet outlet height.

if the stack comes in at an angle upwards the best way is to abgle grind stack flush to wall and use a long tailed connector cutting back usually get you down the 20mm you realy shouldnt use ofset pan cons to go upwards only left right or down

If its only a small bathroom, maybe the custard would be happy to lay 18m ply or whatever throughout?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
Well persevered, it is always worth the extra...
Replies
Views
Thanks mate for the reply. Unfortunately the...
Replies
Views
Providing there is a finned seal and the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Thank you - very helpful! The old WC is long...
Replies
Views
Back