New toilet | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New toilet in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tonto123

Have a low level toilet... Thinking bout installing a close coupled toilet.. my question is would i have to move the 4inch waste if i wanted to install a close coupled toilet cause that would be tricky....

Depends where it is and which CC toilet you are looking at. Does it go through the wall or into the floor? You can look up dimensions of most of the man brands on the net to check. Some are nearer than others. A popular one is the Sandringham and the dimensions are here:

[DLMURL]http://www.armitage-shanks.co.uk/files/sandringham6_ccwc.jpg[/DLMURL]

You can fit an offset pan connector into the wall outlet, or a return bend into the floor. The thing you have to watch in the case of wall outlets is that the outlet is not significantly higher than the pan outlet, and in the case of floor outlets, that the pipe is too far into the room to prevent the WC from sitting against the wall.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers bud.... it comes out of the floor... looking a a few ccs and i dont think the cistern would be flush with the back wall... so think il have to use a low level.. dont want to take up floor boards etc...

Just put wood support behind cistern to allow pan and cistern to sit forward slightly to allow access to drain and then just fit a few tiles over wood frame and away you go,usually only have to pack cistern out about 2":)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
You have a partial blockage downstream of the...
Replies
Views
Please come back with a photo and words of the...
Replies
Views
I would cut it to the right size and glue the...
Replies
Views
Hi, how have you got on with your toilets?
Replies
Views
Back