New w/m pipe run | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New w/m pipe run in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
IMG_2801.jpg IMG_2861.jpg IMG_2862.jpg

I'm doing a job tomorrow and I need some advice, pretty please :)

At the moment the w/m is about 3m away from the spigot on the kitchen sink trap. The w/m isn't emptying properly due to the excessive length so I've been asked to rectify the issue.

My plan is this:

In the pic with the cylinder (pic 1), install a w/m trap beside the red dot and core the wall where the red dot is and run 1.5 inch pipe through that wall. From there it goes into a bunker with gas meters (pic 2) and I've highlighted where I'm going with the pipe on the pic in red so I'll have to core through the wall there too. From there I'll take it outside and run it into a Tee on the 2 inch going into the stack. Obviously I'll fill the gaps in the wall with sand/cement and clip it at intervals as per regs etc etc.

I can't run it internally and attach it to the current waste as there is zero room for it and where the cylinder is there just isn't enough room to get the pipe run through all the copper and other bits in that area. The way I've highlighted seems the only viable option.

My question(s) is/are:

Am I over thinking this?
Is my option viable and to current regs?

I'm a little nervous as I have to core from the outside going into the property and I just need to ensure I don't hit the water pipes *eek*

Could really do with a 2nd opinion..

Cheers all in advance

Attachments

• IMG_2801.jpg
    IMG_2801.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 58
Your option is what I would do, just check you don't need to size up to 2" depending on your run altoigh 1.5 will probley be fine,
as for core drilling if you put a piece of ply or metal inbewteen the wall and the pipes you should be fine

Your option is what I would do, just check you don't need to size up to 2" depending on your run altoigh 1.5 will probley be fine,
as for core drilling if you put a piece of ply or metal inbewteen the wall and the pipes you should be fine

Or i could ask the custard to put his hand there and as soon as i hear a scream I know I'm through and it'll save the pipes ;)

Cheers mate, will check on pipe run and pipe sizing but I'm fairly sure 1.5 will be alright

Best thing to do regarding protecting pipes is to go the scrappy and get some stainless steel off cut like 300mm square and set it on brick heat it up with your blow lamp (stainless goes rock gard to drill once its been heated and cooled) then keep it in the van to protect any pipes you need to drill by or use as a solder drip tray

Best thing to do regarding protecting pipes is to go the scrappy and get some stainless steel off cut like 300mm square and set it on brick heat it up with your blow lamp (stainless goes rock gard to drill once its been heated and cooled) then keep it in the van to protect any pipes you need to drill by or use as a solder drip tray

Might just have to do that ;)

Maybe fit a fire pipe sleeve to keep the fire rating of the wall in tact, as it's going into the gas meter cupboard.

So my plan went a bit pete tong! Turns out where I wanted to exit the property wall is a 2 foot void - had to call the boss out as I wasn't sure what to do. Felt like a bit of a tit but I'd rather that then mess up someones house.. Boss has advised to install a sanivite....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
That's my next job - lift the nearby lid up...
Replies
Views
  • Question
That’s a good solution. But at £150 compared...
Replies
Views
Just to round this off with what I found here...
Replies
Views
It’s one of them as you but if you oversize...
Replies
Views
Back